Monday, December 28, 2009

(Passion of Traveling) February - March 2010

Hopefully next year, in 2010, I can give myself a big treat by traveling around Java and some part of Nusa Tenggara Timur (eastern part of Indonesia) . I am still searching for some info's, but haven't bought or booked anything yet because still waiting for my graduation.
So, I'll start my journey in February and here's my estimated schedule
10 - 28 February: Nusa Tenggara Timur (Kupang, Flores Island, and Sumba Island)

http://www.peramatravelclub.com/images/product/kupang.jpg

Kupang, the capital city of Nusa Tenggara Timur

the photo is courtesy of peramatravelclub.com


http://www.floresexplore.com/images/Kelimutu11.jpg

Kelimutu, three - colored crater lake in Flores Island

the photo is courtesy of floresexplore.com

I am thinking to go to Sumba in February because in this month and also March, they usually have a very cultural yet particular event in West Sumba called Pasola, which is an ancient war ritual festival by two groups of selected Sumbanese men. They ride their colorful decorated selected horses fling wooden spears at each other. This traditional ceremony held in the way of uniquely and sympathetically traditional norms. (from lombokmarine.com)




Pasola

the photo is courtesy of lombokmarine.com


Around March: Tegal and Pekalongan (still thinking of other cities)


Though, I like traveling alone, but you're welcome to join me, because that way makes it less expensive. Later in January, I'll post the exact itinerary and estimated budget for each destination. So get your backpack ready! =)

No comments: